In our prayers
Updated July 28, 2017. Please keep the following in your prayers:
- Bro. Carl Blansjaar
- Bro. Nelson Choma
- Bro. Jack Clements and his wife Fran
- Bro. George Eykelbosh
- Bro. Leopold Genest
- Alan Goodman, brother-in-law of Bro. Nick Pavelich
- Hammon, relative of Bro. Ken Schwartz
- Bro. Ivan Hren
- Brenda Krause, cousin of Bro. Al Girard
- Paige Liber, daughter of Bro. Rob Liber and granddaughter of Bro. Paul Liber
- Bro. Ernie Lucenko
- Bro. Greg Nelson
- Bro. Nana Owusu, his wife Doreen, and their infant son
- Emily Petraschuk, mother of Bro. Marvin Zarowny
- Bro. Gordon Sarafinchan
- Bro. Don Schurman and his wife Louise
- Cyrille Videl, cousin of Bro. Al Girard
- Bro. Stan Wachowicz and Olga Wachowicz
- Bob Wehage, brother of Bro. Dave Wehage
- Bro. Jim Wenger
- RIP Bro. Dan Gau
- RIP Bro. Emil Hryciw
If you can share information to be placed in future columns of “In our Prayers”, please call Wally Streit at 780-988-8719 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fort Good Hope Mission
Our very own Brother Roger Plouffe is on a mission assignment in Fort Good Hope, as a “Lay Ecclesial Minister”. In mid-February, Roger was home visiting family. He spoke of the challenges of an isolated community in the far north including alcohol and drugs and limited resources. The good news is that church attendance has grown by 50% since Roger started his ministry. Our parish is twinned with Fort Good Hope. We stand ready to assist and in time develop some direct relationships with the people of Fort Good Hope. In his spare time, Roger has set up a website: ourladyofgoodhope.ca. You can click on top to view pictures.
As a matter of interest, your Knights of Columbus Charitable Foundation in February 2017 provided a cheque for $5,000 to the St. Vincent de Paul North of 60 project. This cheque will cover the purchase of powdered milk for the 10 areas in the NWT including Fort Good Hope.
Father Bonner Council is currently working on an “emergency support package” for our Sister Parish – Fort Good Hope. You will soon hear more about this initiative from Brother Matt Oryschak.
Each month you are asked to say a small prayer for Bro. Roger and the Mission Parish of Our Lady of Good Hope.